On the 20th of March, I received a notification that my EC2 budget was in alarm state.
I logged into my root account to check my billings in order to review the costs. As I have been completing the QwikLabs, I expect there to have been some cost involved, but I want to be completely aware of where the expenditure has occurred.
I can do this in the Bills section of the Billing Management Console. The exact bills are as follows:
I can account for all of these costs to be associated with the QwikLabs assignment, so I do not have any concerns about the credit billed.
My next course of action is to create new billing alarms, as the alarm ceases after a single notification. I have set-up the following alarms:
These alarms will notify me according to the conditions that I’ve set. Each notification has a higher limit set so that I can determine just how much has been debited from my account.